A cystotomy is the surgical removal of stones from the bladder or urinary system. The procedure may include making an incision in the urethra to remove the stones or making an incision in the bladder to remove the stones. In some cases stones are removed from both locations.
The items listed below are included in the cost of surgery.
- Complimentary exam the day of surgery
- Preoperative bloodwork panel
- IV Catheter and fluids during surgery
- Premedication and induction of anesthesia
- Anesthesia during surgery
- Pain medication before and during
- Monitoring before, during and after surgery
- Surgical procedure
- Post operative antibiotics and pain meds
- Post operative radiograph to ensure all stones are removed
- Sending the stone out for analysis
- Urine culture during and following surgery if indicated
- Overnight hospitalization for monitoring and exam the following day
- E collar to go home
- Follow-up exam for suture removal
Individual patient needs vary during the type of surgery outlined above. There may be variances in medications and aftercare based on a patients weight and needs. Additional surgery may be needed. These charges can be gone over with you before they are incurred.
In some instances longer hospitalization is needed. These charges are in addition to the above noted charges. An estimate can be given for these services.
Rolesville Veterinary Hospital