The anal glands are a pair of glands on each side of the rectum. Some animals have problems with the glands such as chronic infections or a tumor.
The listing below is what is included in the anal sacculectomy (anal gland removal) package:
- Complimentary exam the day of surgery
- Preoperative bloodwork panel
- IV Catheter and fluids during surgery
- Premedication and induction of anesthesia
- Anesthesia during surgery
- Pain medication before and during
- Monitoring before, during and after surgery
- Surgical procedure
- Post operative antibiotics and pain meds
- E-collar to go home
- Follow-up exam for suture removal
In some instances longer hospitalization is needed for some animals and these charges are in addition to the above noted charges. An estimate can be given for these services.