Abdominal Exploratory of Splenectomy
There are certain medical conditions that require an abdominal exploratory- to remove a mass, to take biopsy samples from different organs, as a diagnostic tool, or to correct and treat underlying diseases. (this is not an all-inclusive list). Typically animals are hospitalized 1-3 days following an exploratory depending on the procedure performed and the aftercare needed. The estimate below outlines the procedure.
- Examination & Diagnostic Workup
- IV Catheter and fluids
- Preoperative antibiotics, pain medications, and anti-nausea meds
- Anesthetic induction
- Anesthesia during surgery
- Antibiotics during and after surgery
- Abdominal Exploratory
- Anesthesia monitoring-before, during, and after surgery
- Postoperative pain medications
- Hospitalization, including medications for 1-3 days following surgery
- Pain medications and antibiotics to go home
- Biopsy samples to be sent in for analysis
- Follow-up appointment for recheck and suture removal
The above price includes the initial workup & diagnostics. For a more case-specific estimate or for referral cases where the workup has already been performed, please call the hospital.
Individual patients’ needs vary during the type of surgery outlined above. There may be variances in medications and aftercare based on a patient’s weight and needs. Additional surgery may be needed. These charges can be gone over with you before they are incurred.
Rolesville Veterinary Hospital